Coil-anodized aluminum from Lorin is uniquely able to fulfill both those requirements. Available in a wide array of surface colors and finishes, anodized aluminum allows the natural beauty of the metal to shine through – protected, but not masked by layers that can fade, chip, flake, or peel. It’s an excellent option for a wide range of parts and components; and in many applications, a UV-resistant anodized formulation can bring that beauty to many surfaces exposed to elements, as well.
At the same time, anodized aluminum can weigh up to 60% LESS than other metals. That weight savings will make a car more environmentally-friendly to manufacture, and more owner-friendly to operate! With its dual aesthetic and “green” benefits, no wonder anodized aluminum is popular with car lovers and the manufacturers who make them.
Here are just a few of the many automotive applications for which Lorin Coil-Anodized Aluminum offers great advantages.
- Dashboard and Control Panel Components
- Door Handles
- Emblems and Nameplates
- Brake Light Reflectors
- Map and Dome Light Reflectors
- Laser Engraved VIN Tags
- Exterior Bright Trim
- Wheel Covers
- And many more …
Check out some of Lorin’s finish options ideal for automotive applications.
Decorative Product Solutions:
- PreMirror® 41 Optima is a ‘high-specular’ anodized aluminum finish developed to provide lighting engineers with an optimum reflective surface offering a minimum 86% total reflectance.
- Champagne Gold is an anodized aluminum finish with a natural metallic beauty and a hint of a light gold color.
- ClearBrite® Brush SL is a ‘bright’ anodized aluminum finish with a short line brushed pattern that simulates the appearance of a light-colored stainless steel finish and can be used for exterior applications.
- BlackBrite® is a polished, mirror-like black anodized finish resembling a black onyx stone with character.
- SmokeBrite® is a polished, smoked-gray anodized aluminum finish that was specifically designed for interior applications.
- Pewter with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated, UV resistant aluminum finish that simulates the appearance of Pewter with an Architectural Class II anodic film thickness.
- Gun Metal Grey with Alcoa Tectur-Al™ is a NEWLY developed natural variegated finish that provides the architect/designer with a rich grey color specifically designed for interior applications.
- Copper Penny is a NEWLY developed ‘soft matte’ copper anodized aluminum finish that is UV stable and designed for exterior applications. The copper penny finish is created using a Lorin ‘patented’ process  providing excellent corrosion protection along with superior fade resistance.
MORE Anodize Finish Choices >>
Structural Product Solutions:
- AnoGrip® Type 4 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘superior’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- AnoGrip® Type 5 is a patented anodizing process on mill finish aluminum that offers the customer ‘exceptional’ adhesive qualities on both sides of the sheet.
- ClearMatt® with Adhere® is a chemical process developed by Lorin Industries that offers the customer a natural matte anodized finish on the top, or good-side of the sheet, with exceptional adhesive qualities on the back-side of the sheet. Adhere™ can be applied to many Lorin anodized colors and finishes.